Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
RED UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum 'Atro-purpureum'
3 gallon Potted - 2-3 ft tall
(0 units available now) -
List Price $140.00
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 5-6 ft tall
(0 units available now) - Multi-stem Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $185.00
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 4-5 ft tall
(0 units available now) - Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $175.00
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 15-25 Feet · Mature Spread: 15-25 Feet
Buy Red Upright Japanese Maple online. Japanese Red Maples are one of the most sought after trees in the landscape. 'Atro-purpureum' is a standard upright grower with leaf color varying from dark blood red to reddish green. Japanese Red Maples have many desirable characteristics, which can vary from tree to tree. Fall color is a stunning mixture of yellows, oranges, and reds.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
RED UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)|
|•||Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
0 review(s) for RED UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
RED UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About RED UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Japanese Red maples will make very nice addition to any garden, and will be a cherished gift for anyone who receives one. Give us your favorite gardeners address, and we will ship this tree directly to them, as a gift from you.