Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
RED DRAGON WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon'
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 3-4 ft tall
(0 units available now)
(13 additional units for review on 6/1/22) -
Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $175.00
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 8-10 Feet · Mature Spread: 10-12 Feet
Buy Red Dragon Japanese Maple online. Red dragon is a dark red lace leaf, weeping type Japanese Maple tree. Dark maroon branches that persist through out the entire growing season. Fall color is a bright red. This is a strong growing lace leaf tree with beautiful mounding cascading branches. A more compact grower than Crimson Queen.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
RED DRAGON WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
1 review(s) for RED DRAGON WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE
RED DRAGON WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About RED DRAGON WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE
Red Dragon Japanese Red Maple also works well in large planters as patio trees.