Image property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Upright Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Understory Planting
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cornus is fairly easy to grow and adapts well to most conditions. Plant in a location with some afternoon shade in the southern states. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Cherokee Chief® Dogwood is one of the most popular red dogwood trees and truly a spectacular sight in spring.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
CHEROKEE CHIEF® DOGWOOD
Buy Cherokee Chief® Dogwood online. Produces large deep red flowers with bracts to 5" across, in early spring. The leaves are bronze-green to yellow-green when unfolding and a good dark green in summer. Fall color of the Cherokee Chief Dogwood is a consistent crimson. It is a small low-branched tree with horizontally spreading lines, and a layered effect, usually with a flat topped crown and often wider than high at maturity.
Common Name: Dogwood
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)