Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Upright Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
Leaf Color Summer*
- Light Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cercis is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
With a mature height of only 12 feet, The Rising Sun™ is perfect for smaller gardens and in-town neighborhoods as well as for specimen and accent plantings. "When I first saw this Redbud I went wild," said enthused grower Ray Jackson. "Fellow nurserymen have said it is the most outstanding golden Redbud they have ever seen, and I can attest it is vigorous in growth and very heat tolerant.
THE RISING SUN™ REDBUD
PP21451 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy The Rising Sun™ Redbud online. A peachy keen new introduction is destined to light up the landscape with appealing, peach colored heart-shaped leaves. This durable native small tree contributes brilliant, golden tangerine colored, heart-shaped foliage all summer with no burning, even in full sun.The Rising Sun™ is a vigorous grower with a full, rounded shape and stylishly holds its color into autumn. A third season of interest is provided in early spring by sweet pea-type flowers, rosy orchid in color. The flowers appear before the foliage in spring and are attractive to bees and butterflies. New foliage is a bright rosy-apricot; even the bark is a smooth tan with a yellowish cast, distinctive form other Redbuds.
Common Name: Redbud
Redbud is a fascinating genus of small trees with several species and many varieties and cultivars. Native to the eastern and southern US, Redbuds are scattered throughout the countryside’s and are one of the first trees to flower in early spring, along with Dogwoods. Redbuds require well draining soil even to the point of being rocky. If planted in wet or poorly draining soils the trees will decline in health rather quickly. Best planted high and dry!
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(-4 units available now)
(48 units for review on 6/1/21)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
25 gallon Potted
(27.6 gallons / 104 liters)
(8-10 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only