Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Upright Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
Leaf Color Spring*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Light Yellow
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cercis is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Avondale Redbud is an excellent addition to any garden or landscape.Redbud is also a drought tolerant tree.
For more interesting facts about Redbud Trees click here
Buy Avondale Redbud online. Is the showiest of all the Redbuds, this selection from Dunkin & Davies in New Zealand produces fantastic deep purple flowers along its branches and even on the main trunk. Grown as a single stem or multi-stemmed tree, it flowers at an early age. In early spring blooming can easily stop traffic, it is so stunning. Avondale is not a sterile variety and will produce seed pods.
Common Name: Redbud
Redbud is a fascinating genus of small trees with several species and many varieties and cultivars. Native to the eastern and southern US, Redbuds are scattered throughout the countryside’s and are one of the first trees to flower in early spring, along with Dogwoods. Redbuds require well draining soil even to the point of being rocky. If planted in wet or poorly draining soils the trees will decline in health rather quickly. Best planted high and dry!
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(20 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart