Photo Courtesy of Metro Maples
- Texas Superstar
- Oklahoma Proven
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Large Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
A very nice smaller to medium size tree. Good for planting in areas with limited space.
FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE
PP17367 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Fire Dragon® Shantung Maple online. Fire Dragon is Full of color! Clusters of yellow flowers appear before the foliage in spring. New leaf growth is a burnt orange, changing to a dark glossy green. In autumn, the foliage turns to a brilliant scarlet color. Will reach 35 feet tall with an equal spread. Propagation prohibited.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(22 units for review on 9/1/20)
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(-1 units available now)
(75 units for review on 9/1/20)
Grown in Root Pouch®.