Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE
PP17367 Plant propagation prohibited
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 4-5 ft tall
(0 units available now)
(24 additional units for review on 9/1/22) -
Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $180.00
2 gallon Potted - 3-4 ft tall
(0 units available now) -
List Price $80.00
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 25-35 Feet · Mature Spread: 25-35 Feet
Buy Fire Dragon® Shantung Maple online. Fire Dragon is Full of color! Clusters of yellow flowers appear before the foliage in spring. New leaf growth is a burnt orange, changing to a dark glossy green. In autumn, the foliage turns to a brilliant scarlet color. Will reach 35 feet tall with an equal spread. Propagation prohibited.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
10 review(s) for FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE
FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About FIRE DRAGON® SHANTUNG MAPLE
A very nice smaller to medium size tree. Good for planting in areas with limited space.