Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Oklahoma Proven
- Texas Superstar
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Light Yellow
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
CRIMSON SUNSET® MAPLE
Acer truncatum x platanoides
PP21838 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Crimson Sunset® Maple online. Crimson Sunset® Maple is a great hybrid maple that features an upright oval habit with maroon to reddish-orange fall color. Its heat tolerance is the distinguishing characteristic of this Acer truncatum hybrid. The foliage resembles that of 'Crimson King', but its form is more upright and compact. Thanks to the Acer truncatum parentage, it flourishes in the summer heat where few purple leafed plants will grow.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.