Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Light Yellow
Preferred Soil Conditions*
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Wind/Dust Break
- Border Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Sound Barrier
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
CRIMSON SUNSET® MAPLE
Acer truncatum x platanoides
PP21838 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Crimson Sunset® Maple online. Crimson Sunset® Maple is a great hybrid maple that features an upright oval habit with maroon to reddish-orange fall color. Its heat tolerance is the distinguishing characteristic of this Acer truncatum hybrid. The foliage resembles that of 'Crimson King', but its form is more upright and compact. Thanks to the Acer truncatum parentage, it flourishes in the summer heat where few purple leafed plants will grow.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(11 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart