Courtesy of Greenleaf Nursery
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Very easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Bright white flowers in spring make this tree an excellent addition to your garden. For more interesting facts about Redbud Trees click here
AKA: Texas Whitebud
Buy Oklahoma Whitebud online. Also known as Texas Whitebud, this tree was discovered in Texas. It is a compact growing, drought tolerant tree produces clusters of thickly packed clean white flowers. This subspecies is better adapted to drier areas that straight C. canadensis. Overall, the habit is more compact than that of your typical Eastern Redbud and the best part is its high-gloss, dark green leaves with their characteristic wavy margins.
Common Name: Redbud
Redbud is a fascinating genus of small trees with several species and many varieties and cultivars. Native to the eastern and southern US, Redbuds are scattered throughout the countryside’s and are one of the first trees to flower in early spring, along with Dogwoods. Redbuds require well draining soil even to the point of being rocky. If planted in wet or poorly draining soils the trees will decline in health rather quickly. Best planted high and dry!
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(63 units for review soon)
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(6-8 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only