Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
Cercis chinensis 'Avondale'
Buy Avondale Redbud online. Is the showiest of all the Redbuds, this selection from Dunkin & Davies in New Zealand produces fantastic deep purple flowers along its branches and even on the main trunk. Grown as a single stem or multi-stemmed tree, it flowers at an early age. In early spring blooming can easily stop traffic, it is so stunning. Avondale is not a sterile variety and will produce seed pods.
Hardiness Zone: 6-9 · Mature Height: 10-15 Feet · Mature Spread: 10-15 Feet
Purchase AVONDALE REDBUD Online:
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 5-6 ft tall
(0 units available now) - Multi-stem Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $150.00
Family: Fabaceae · Common Name: Redbud
Redbud is a fascinating genus of small trees with several species and many varieties and cultivars. Native to the eastern and southern US, Redbuds are scattered throughout the countryside’s and are one of the first trees to flower in early spring, along with Dogwoods. Redbuds require well draining soil even to the point of being rocky. If planted in wet or poorly draining soils the trees will decline in health rather quickly. Best planted high and dry!
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
AVONDALE REDBUD Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Low Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Summer*
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
5 review(s) for AVONDALE REDBUD
AVONDALE REDBUD Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Cercis is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Interesting Notes About AVONDALE REDBUD
Avondale Redbud is an excellent addition to any garden or landscape.Redbud is also a drought tolerant tree. For more interesting facts about Redbud Trees click here