- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Columnar/Narrow Growing
- Upright Growing
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Wind/Dust Break
- Landscape Specimen
- Border Plant
- Sound Barrier
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Very easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Mildew-resistant This fast growing, cold hardy, drought tolerant and disease resistant tree adapts to varied soils and tough urban growing conditions.
CRIMSON SPIRE™ OAK
Quercus robur x alba
Buy Crimson Spire™Oak online. Columnar form is a perfect fit for narrow or confined spaces. Planted alone, in groves, or in rows, it's the perfect vertical design element is great fit for streetscapes and landscape settings. A fast growth rate makes this rugged oak a good choice for anchoring newer landscapes. It reaches about 45 feet in height with a 15-foot spread in 20 years in a typical urban landscape setting.Proven adaptable to a wide range of climates and growing conditions, Crimson Spire™ Oak is appreciated by growers for its ease of care, and by landscape designers for its columnar form and stately appearance. Dense foliage creates living screens for blocking unsightly views and muffling traffic sounds.Rich, dark green leaves stay fresh and bright through the heat of summer, turning rusty red to bright red in mid to late autumn
Common Name: Oak
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.