Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
The beautiful red color of Summer Red® Red Maples new growth, makes this tree truly unique.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
SUMMER RED® MAPLE
Buy Summer Red® Maple online. Summer Red® Maple is a beautiful and unique Acer rubrum selection. This New selection exhibits outstanding burgundy red new foliage. Mature foliage is a dark purplish green. The leaf back displays a silvery white color. Leaves are medium to small sized with a thick leathery texture. Tree growth is vigorous with abundant lateral branching developing into a mature specimen with a dense, broad, upright, oval shaped crown. Fall color is not as significant as on other red maples, distinctive with older leaves turning yellow while the younger leaves change to orange or purple. Summer Red® Maple is adaptable to a wide range of soil and climatic conditions.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(10 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(31 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart