- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Large Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Planting sugar maple trees now, you could be making maple syrup in seven years.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Sugar Maple online.Young Sugar Maple trees develop a smooth gray-brown bark, with age the bark becomes deeply furrowed with long irregular thick plates or ridges. Leaves are usually medium to dark green in summer changing to a brilliant yellow to burnt orange in fall.Possible the best fall colors of all maple trees.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(24 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)