Photo courtesy of Baileys Nursery
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Large Growing
- Upright Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Hummingbirds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Wind/Dust Break
- Provides Shade
- Sound Barrier
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE
Buy First Editions® Scarlet Jewell™ Maple online. Scarlet Jewel͊ Maple is a full, upright maple that consistently turns a rich crimson each fall, a full two weeks earlier than other A. rubrum cultivars. It features excellent symmetrical branching, resistance to frost cracking and prefers moist, slightly acidic soil.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)