- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Red Rocket is a National Arboretum release. High level of leaf hopper tolerance combined with a strongly columnar crown. May prove to be the best of tall and narrow maples.
RED ROCKET MAPLE
Buy Red Rocket Maple online. Red Rocket is the perfect Red maple for those small areas that need fiery red fall color. Red Rocket is a national Arboretum release and derived from a northern Minnesota provenance. Exhibits high leaf hopper resistance. The combination of reduced size,and tight upright habit make this tree a perfect choice for tight urban areas. A release from the United States National Arboretum plant release program.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.