Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Wind/Dust Break
- Border Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Sound Barrier
- Provides Shade
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Magnolia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
The leaf back is reddish-brown and heavily felted Teddy Bear® Magnolia has small to medium sized leaves 2" to 4"wide by 3" to 6" long and lusterous dark green. When plants are 3-4 years old, they begin producing flowers from May until November. The original unpruned parent plant is 19 years old and only 17 feet tall and 10 feet wide with a full dense habit from the ground up.
TEDDY BEAR® MAGNOLIA
PP13049 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Teddy Bear® Magnolia online. A very compact native Magnolia with an upright self-branching habit. 3-4 year old Teddy Bear® Magnolia's produce lovely fragrant 6" to 8" wide flowers May thru November.
Common Name: Magnolia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
15 gallon Potted
(12.7 gallons / 48 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only