Image property of and used with permission from Heritage Seedlings
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Magnolia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
Magnolia x soulangiana
Buy Daybreak Magnolia online. The late August Kehr of Hendersonville, NC considered this his finest magnolia hybrid, and we whole-heartedly agree. Upright in form, the blooms are delightfully fragrant. It has two significant attributes. First, it blooms much later than M. x soulangiana (6 weeks) so the flowers seldom freeze. Second, the rich pink flowers have a crisp, translucent character to them that makes a dramatic contrast to the duller pink blooms of M. x soulangiana selections. These plants are quite a prize!
Common Name: Magnolia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.