Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Upright Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Magnolia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
BLACK TULIP® MAGNOLIA
Buy Black Tulip® Magnolia online. Black Tulip® Magnolia is a deciduous Magnolia that has it all! It features dramatic, black-purple flower buds, that bloom into pink flowers up to 6" across. The flowers have darker fuchsia on the outside of the petals and light pink on the interior of the petals. Quick-to-flower small trees that work well as landscape accents. Their fragrance and dense presentation on small trees justifies planting Black Tulip® near doorways and paths.
Common Name: Magnolia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(-2 units available now)
(2 units for review on 9/1/21)
Grown in Root Pouch®.