Courtesy of Buchholz & Buchholz
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Excellent tree as a accent or specimen. Works well in large pots as a patio tree. Also great around water gardens.
SODE NO UCHI UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Sode No Uchi Japanese Maple online. Sode No Uchi is a dwarf growing tree that has some of the smallest leaves for its species. Its leaves are bright yellow green and will hold the color throughout the season. In the fall the leaves vary form yellow to red.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(1 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart