Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
Leaf Color Spring*
- Creamy White
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
RADIANT™ UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Radiant™ Upright Japanese Maple online. 'Radiant' is an awesome variegated Japanese Maple specimen that is truly unique. In spring, it features a patchwork of colors from pink, white, and green. In summer, the leaves can fade to green, before turning shades of red in the fall. During the winter months, the bark provides lots of interest as it is has uneven traces of green and white striping.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(1 units for review on 3/1/22)
Grown in Root Pouch®.