Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
OKAGAMI UPRIGHT MAPLE
Acer palmatum 'Okagami'
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 3-4 ft tall
(6 units available now - S) - Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $175.00 In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 8-10 Feet · Mature Spread: 4-6 Feet
Buy Okagami Upright Maple online. A vigorous-growing, upright deciduous tree. In spring large, star-shaped leaves emerge purple-red darkening to purple-black in summer and scarlet in fall. Name means "large mirror" in Japanese. Prefers sun/partial shade in well-drained soil.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
OKAGAMI UPRIGHT MAPLE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)|
|•||Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for OKAGAMI UPRIGHT MAPLE
OKAGAMI UPRIGHT MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.