Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Provides Shade
- Rock Gardens
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
MOCHA ROSE BIG LEAF JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Mocha Rose Upright Japanese Maple online. 'Mocha Rose' was discovered in Oregon, and it is apt name for this "big leaf" Maple. Its leaves burst forth in spring in shades of pinkish red to orange. The stunning spring leaf color gives way to a soft greenish brown, then changing to shades of orange and brown in the fall. It is definitely a tree that will provide triple season interest, making everyone do a double take as they pass by. It can be used as a specimen for a small to medium ornamental tree, or used as a focal point in your landscape.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.