Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Rock Gardens
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
'Glowing Embers' is a standard upright grower. The original tree was planted and is still located on the campus of University of Georgia in Athens.
GLOWING EMBERS UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Glowing Embers Japanese Maple online. Standard palmatum leaf of deep green turning shades of red and orange in the fall. A faster growing Japanese Maple with superb heat and drought tolerance. Leaves slightly smaller than other trees this size, but thicker and shinier than most.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.