- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
Leaf Color Spring*
- Light Green/Chartreuse
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Rock Gardens
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Provides Shade
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
EMERALD LACE UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Emerald Lace Upright Japanese Maple online. This is a vigorous laceleaf with deep green, finely dissected leaves. Lighter green new growth contrasts attractively with the darker older leaves. Prefers sun/partial shade in well-drained soil.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(10 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(10 units arriving on 6/1/18)
Grown in Root Pouch®.