- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Compact Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
Leaf Color Spring*
- Light Yellow
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
DR. SEUSS UPRIGHT DWARF JAPANESE MAPLE
Buy Dr. Seuss Upright Dwarf Japanese Maple online. A Japanese Maple named after the eccentric and entertaining author that has kept us entertained for generations, 'Dr. Seuss' will live up to the same reputation! It is a dwarf cultivar, that is extremely dense in its growth habit. Leaves emerge in spring, deeply dissected and serrated, and are lightly variegated with colors of green and yellow. Summer leaf color will darken to green, and then transition to oranges and yellows in the fall. This is sure to be a highlight to any collection, and will make a beautiful specimen in any shade garden.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(4 units for review on 9/1/19)
Grown in Root Pouch®.