Specimen Tree Fall Color Image property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Acer is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Some say it has the best fall color of all the palmatums.
OSAKAZUKI UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum amoenum
Buy Osakazuki Japanese Maple online. Osakazuki is best known for it's intense crimson fall coloration. Some say it has the best fall color of all the palmatums. Leaves are firm and slightly larger then other palmatums. They maintain a green color throughout the summer, and seem to have less sun burn then others.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(18-24 inches tall)
(0 units available now)
(14 units for review on 4/15/20)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(8 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart