Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
VANESSA PERSIAN IRONWOOD
Parrotia persica 'Vanessa'
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 3-4 ft tall
(4 units available now - S) - Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $170.00 In Stock
Root Pouch 2 gallon - 2-3 ft tall
(0 units available now) - Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $85.00
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 30-40 Feet · Mature Spread: 10-20 Feet
Buy Vanessa Persian Ironwood online. Vanessa Persian Ironwood was selected as a variety that has a more upright and columnar growth habit than that of the P. persica. Ironwood is a true standout in any season, and 'Vanessa' is no exception. In spring, the leaves emerge similarly to other Parrotia, edged in shades of dark red to maroon. This gives way to green in the summer, and then followed by a spectacular show in fall from shades of yellow, orange, red, and gold. During the winter months, it features and exfoliating bark that adds to the year-round interest.
Family: Hamamelidaceae · Common Name: Ironwood
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
VANESSA PERSIAN IRONWOOD Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Adapts Well to Wet Areas|
|•||Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
0 review(s) for VANESSA PERSIAN IRONWOOD
VANESSA PERSIAN IRONWOOD Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Parrotia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.