Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE
Acer rubrum 'Bailcraig'
Buy First Editions® Scarlet Jewell™ Maple online. Scarlet Jewel͊ Maple is a full, upright maple that consistently turns a rich crimson each fall, a full two weeks earlier than other A. rubrum cultivars. It features excellent symmetrical branching, resistance to frost cracking and prefers moist, slightly acidic soil.
Hardiness Zone: 3-7 · Mature Height: 60-70 Feet · Mature Spread: 30-40 Feet
Purchase SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE Online:
5 gallon Potted - 4-5 ft tall
(0 units available now) -
List Price $150.00
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
0 review(s) for SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE
SCARLET JEWEL™ MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Acer is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.