- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Dried Flowers
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Hydrangea is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
Buy Climbing Hydrangea online. This beautiful and refined deciduous vine is a great choice for covering walls or sturdy fences with its lustrous green vegetation complemented superbly by abundant (and fragrant) white lace cap inflorescences in early to midsummer. It can take full sun in northern areas, but is happier with afternoon shade in most situations. Although fall color is nil, the vine sports lovely bronzy exfoliating bark in the winter on nice stout stems. This vine does not need to be tied or trained to what it climbs on as it produces hold fasts (modified adventitious roots) that keep it attached to most any vertical surface. This wonderful plant should be in every garden.
Common Name: Hydrangea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(-2 units available now)
(18 units for review on 5/1/21)
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(3 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(0 units available now)