- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Drought Tolerant
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Provides Shade
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Crataegus is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Produces glossy red orange berries in fall, a good food source for wildlife.
.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Washington Hawthorn online. Is a broadly oval to rounded, dense, thorny tree. The foliage is lustrous dark green at maturity,turning a fabulous orange and reddish purple in fall. Clusters of white flowers bloom in late spring. Berries are glossy red and persistent, and provide a great food source for birds.
Common Name: Hawthorn
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(4 units available now - SG)
Add to Cart
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(18 units available now - SG)
Add to Cart