- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Drought Tolerant
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Provides Shade
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Landscape Specimen
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Very easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Produces glossy red orange berries in fall, a good food source for wildlife.
.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Washington Hawthorn online. Is a broadly oval to rounded, dense, thorny tree. The foliage is lustrous dark green at maturity,turning a fabulous orange and reddish purple in fall. Clusters of white flowers bloom in late spring. Berries are glossy red and persistent, and provide a great food source for birds.
Common Name: Hawthorn
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(63 units available now - G)
Add to Cart