- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Large Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
- Sound Barrier
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Ulmus is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
A release from the U.S. National Arboretum breeding program. For USNA info and photos click here.
Buy Frontier Elm online. Combines small glossy leaves with lovely red-purple autumn coloration unlike most other elm trees. It is perfect for use in smaller landscapes, along city streets. 'Frontier' blazes a trail for elms in the urban landscape. Rather graceful round-headed tree often with pendulous branchlets. Grows at a medium to fast rate depending on moisture and fertility levels. Leaves are dark green changing to yellowish and redish purple in fall. The bark is magnificent and often a beautiful mottled combination of gray, green orange and brown. A US National Arboretum Introduction.
Common Name: Elm
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(3 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(19 units available now - G)
pick up only
Add to Cart