Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Upright Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Full Shade in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Picea is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Prefers moist well draining soil
FAT ALBERT BLUE SPRUCE
Buy Fat Albert Blue Spruce online. A short wide version of Blue Spruce. It is a compact spruce that has bluish-white needles and a very unique shape. It provides an eye-catching specimen in the landscape. Can reach a height and width of 10-15 feet at the age of 10, although depending on the growing conditions, it could mature up to 40 feet all in the years to follow.
Common Name: Spruce
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.