- Oklahoma Proven
- Garden Debut
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Columnar/Narrow Growing
- Upright Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Sound Barrier
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Malus is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
TASTY RED™ URBAN® COLUMNAR APPLE
Buy Tasty Red™ Urban® Columnar Apple online. Have a bottle brush shape, short branches, and grow straight up, creating an elegant, stately, fruiting tree for small landscapes and patios. Suburbanites, apartment-dwellers and anyone can grow these small upright trees. Tasty Red™ has bright red, normal sized apples, fruiting in the first year planted. Mature height is 8-10 feet, with a width of less than 2 feet. A choice of two varieties is required for cross pollination. Considered to be mid-season producer, Tasty Red™ will ripen in September to early October.
Common Name: Apple / Crabapple
Malus species cannot be shipped into CA, OR, or WA.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(2 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(12 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
10 gallon Potted
(9.5 gallons / 35 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only