Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-8 · Mature Height: 8-12 Feet · Mature Spread: 12-15 Feet
Buy Bottlebrush Buckeye online. This large shrub spreads via root suckers, but it is remarkably hardy. Bottlebrush buckeye is a native shrub that tolerates deep shade and produces showy, upright, white panicles of long tubular flowers in summer that have a bottlebrush-like appearance. Flowers give way to glossy, inedible pear-shaped buckeye nuts encased in husks in autumn. Leaves are palmately compound and have yellow fall color. Perfect as a lawn specimen, or in mass plantings in a shrub border or woodland area.
Family: Sapindaceae · Common Name: Buckeye
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
BOTTLEBRUSH BUCKEYE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Low Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for BOTTLEBRUSH BUCKEYE
BOTTLEBRUSH BUCKEYE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Aesculus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About BOTTLEBRUSH BUCKEYE
Red buckeye is typically grown as an understory tree. Grows best in the moist, rich, slightly acidic soils