Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-9 · Mature Height: 50-60 Feet · Mature Spread: 25-30 Feet
Buy Wildfire Blackgum online. A fast growing native tree with a pyramidal habit growing to 60 feet tall and 25 feet wide. New foliage growth is red compared to the species which has green new growth,leaves then turn to dark green as it matures. Red fall color. Wildfire is also a seedless variety, and will not produce fruit in the fall.
Family: Cornaceae · Common Name: Blackgum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
WILDFIRE BLACKGUM Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
2 review(s) for WILDFIRE BLACKGUM
WILDFIRE BLACKGUM Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Nyssa is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.