Image Submitted by Customer
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Landscape Specimen
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Wind/Dust Break
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Betula is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Peeling bark creates year round interest in the landscape. A good Birch tree for northern states.
CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH
PP16573 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy City Slicker River Birch online. A beautifully selected cultivar with good vigor,drought tolerance,and exceptionally white bark. Leaves are dark green in summer and turn yellow-gold in fall. A Carl Whitcomb selection, who is also the breeder of the Whitcomb Crapemyrtles.
Common Name: Birch
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(13 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart