Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH
PP16573 Plant propagation prohibited
5 gallon Potted - 4-5 ft tall
(0 units available now) - Details -
List Price $160.00
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9 · Mature Height: 40-70 Feet · Mature Spread: 40-60 Feet
Buy City Slicker River Birch online. A beautifully selected cultivar with good vigor,drought tolerance,and exceptionally white bark. Leaves are dark green in summer and turn yellow-gold in fall. A Carl Whitcomb selection, who is also the breeder of the Whitcomb Crapemyrtles.
Family: Betulaceae · Common Name: Birch
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Low Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
|•||Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Adapts Well to Wet Areas|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
2 review(s) for CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH
CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Betula is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About CITY SLICKER RIVER BIRCH
Peeling bark creates year round interest in the landscape. A good Birch tree for northern states.