Image property of SPF
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Sound Barrier
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Malus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Our 2 gallon potted Apple trees are generally 3 years old, 4-5 ft tall, approximately 1 inch caliper trunk and likely will produce fruit one year after planting. All varieties are grafted to semi-dwarf root stock, a great choice to produce a medium size tree with good growing vigor.
All apple trees require a pollinator for best production.
GRANNY SMITH APPLE
Buy Granny Smith Apple online. Green, firm, tart flavor. A late apple that requires 600 chilling hours to ripen. Not uncommon to still be picking in November. Stores well. A popular cooking and canning apple.
Common Name: Apple / Crabapple
Malus species cannot be shipped into CA, OR, or WA.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(1 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)