Image property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Rock Gardens
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
EVER RED WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum dissectum
Buy Ever Red Japanese Maple
online. Ever Red is an outstanding Lace Leaf Japanese. The newly opening leaves are among the largest of any dissectum and produce fine silvery hairs giving an appearance like none other. It holds its rich purplish - red color well in to the summer and the fall color is a nice brilliant red. It is also known as 'Select Red'
, and 'Holland Select'
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(7 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
(29 units for review on 3/1/20)
Grown in Root Pouch®.