Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
PURPLELEAF SAND CHERRY
Prunus x cistena
Buy Purpleleaf Sand Cherry online. Multi-branched upright form 6 to-10 feet' high, 5 to 6 feet wide. The foliage is an attractive purple-red all season long. Fragrant white to pinkish white flowers in early spring, purple-black fruits in summer. Deciduous. Can be grown as a small tree or shrub.
Hardiness Zone: 5-8 · Mature Height: 6-10 Feet · Mature Spread: 5-6 Feet
Purchase PURPLELEAF SAND CHERRY Online:
5 gallon Potted
(0 units available now) -
List Price $100.00
Family: Rosaceae · Common Name: Cherry/Peach/Plum/Almond/Nectarine/Apricot
Prunus species cannot be shipped into CA, OR, or WA.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
PURPLELEAF SAND CHERRY Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Low Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
1 review(s) for PURPLELEAF SAND CHERRY
PURPLELEAF SAND CHERRY Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Prunus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.