Image used with permission from Greenleaf Nursery
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
Leaf Color Summer*
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cercis is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
SPARKLING WINE™ REDBUD
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Sparkling Wine™ Redbud online. A compact, purple-leaf Redbud with glossy, dark-purple leaves. Dark lavender flowers appear in spring before the foliage. Mature size is 12-15' tall and wide. Excellent grown as a landscape specimen
Common Name: Redbud
Redbud is a fascinating genus of small trees with several species and many varieties and cultivars. Native to the eastern and southern US, Redbuds are scattered throughout the countryside’s and are one of the first trees to flower in early spring, along with Dogwoods. Redbuds require well draining soil even to the point of being rocky. If planted in wet or poorly draining soils the trees will decline in health rather quickly. Best planted high and dry!
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(8 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart