Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
AKA KAWA HIME UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum 'Aka Kawa Hime'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9 · Mature Height: 7-9 Feet · Mature Spread: 5-6 Feet
Buy Aka Kawa Hime Upright Japanese Maple online. 'Aka Kawa Hime' is an exciting cultivar of the well-known A. palmatum 'Sango Kaku'; but with one exception. It is a semi-dwarf tree with bright red bark in the winter. The foliage is bright green in spring, and matures to a solid green color in the summer. In fall, the leaves turn shades of gold, yellow and orange.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae · Common Name: Maple
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
AKA KAWA HIME UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE Plant Characteristics
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States|
0 review(s) for AKA KAWA HIME UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
AKA KAWA HIME UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Japanese Maples are moderately easy to grow and adapt to most conditions; however, they do prefer to be planted in an area that is well protected from wind, heat exposure, and drought like conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.