Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-9 · Mature Height: 24-28 Inches · Mature Spread: 22-24 Inches
Buy Butterfly Milkweed online. This native plant is late to break dormancy in spring, and needs abundant sunlight and dry growing conditions. Butterfly milkweed boasts three months of brilliant orange blooms during the summer that attract hummingbirds, bees, Monarch butterflies, and other beneficial insects.
Family: Apocynaceae · Common Name: Butterfly Milkweed
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
BUTTERFLY MILKWEED Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Spot - Low Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Low Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Low Water Use|
|•||Prefers Dry Soils|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Full Sun in Northern States|
|•||Prefers Full Sun in Southern States|
|•||Under Power Lines|
1 review(s) for BUTTERFLY MILKWEED
You must be logged into your customer account to post a review for Asclepias tuberosa .
BUTTERFLY MILKWEED Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Asclepias is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Jann - Jun 19, 2013
New Jersey (Hardiness Zone: 6)
I love the rich orange color. Beautiful plant.