Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Low Water Use
- Salt Tolerant
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Sound Barrier
- Border Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
'Mohave' Pyracantha is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
A release from the U.S. National Arboretum breeding program. For USNA info and photos click here.
Pyracantha is easy to train and used extensively in espalier form, on fences and walls.
Buy Mohave Pyracantha online. This early-bearing variety yields huge masses of bright orange-red berries in great profusion. Fire blight resistant. Height 6 to 8 feet.
Common Name: Pyracantha
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(22 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(8 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(11 units available now - S)
Add to Cart