- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Sound Barrier
- Mass Planting
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Pear trees are easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Our 2 gallon potted Pear trees are generally 3 years old, 4-5 ft tall, approximately 1 inch caliper trunk and likely will produce fruit one year after planting.
Buy Kieffer Pear online. Kieffer bears large, rich yellow pears each fall, often in regions where other varieties won't grow well. Pears ripen, usually around mid-October, a full month after most varieties. This hardy, blight resistant tree bears fruit while still young. Fruit should be picked hard-ripe and allowed to reach its flavor peak stored in a cool place.
Common Name: Pear
Pyrus species cannot be shipped into CA
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(8 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(6-8 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only