Fall Leaf color
Image property of sooner Plant Farm
- Texas Superstar
- Oklahoma Proven
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Large Growing
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Wind/Dust Break
- Landscape Specimen
- Border Plant
- Sound Barrier
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Quercus is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Chinkapin Oak is a very attractive tree especially in it's old age
.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Chinkapin Oak online. Chinkapin Oak is rounded in youth but with maturity developing an open rounded crown. This tree has dark yellowish green leaves in summer changing to yellow or orange in fall. A very attractive tree especially in old age with its large scaly gray trunks and branches.
Common Name: Oak
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)