- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Salt Tolerant
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Summer Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Provides Shade
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Robinia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Like other Locust trees this also produces thorns. A very interesting specimen or use as a security hedge.
TWISTY BABY™ BLACK LOCUST
PP9771 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Twisty Baby™ Black Locust online. Locust is a real eye-catcher, with its highly contorted habit and smaller size, it is an excellent choice for containers or smaller gardens where it can be prominently featured as a specimen. In a open area it can reach 15' to 20' in height, but it can be maintained much smaller in a large container. The Twisty Baby™ Black Locust branches are charcoal gray in color and contrast nicely with the grass green leaflets they bear. As a bonus early spring white panicle type flowers highly resemble Wisteria.
Common Name: Locust
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(10 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart