Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Corylus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Our trees are grown on their own roots not grafted. Don't worry about straight suckers that must be removed. We say "let the suckers grow." They'll be contorted, too!
HARRY LAUDER'S WALKING STICK
AKA: Contorted Filbert
Buy Harry Lauder's Walking Stick online. This small tree sports a twisted and gnarled branch structure, providing unique, year round interest to the garden. In late winter these wacky branches are covered with pale yellow catkins. Our Harry Lauder's are grown on their own roots and are not grafted. No need to worry about straight suckers that must be removed. We say "let the suckers grow." They'll be contorted, too! And for the crafty Do-It-Yourselfers' its popular to use the twisted branches in flower arrangements and wreaths.
Common Name: Filbert / Hazel
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(0 units available now)
(40 units for review on 7/1/19)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(52 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart