Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Our trees are grown on their own roots not grafted. Don't worry about straight suckers that must be removed. We say "let the suckers grow." They'll be contorted, too!
HARRY LAUDER'S WALKING STICK
AKA: Contorted Filbert
Buy Harry Lauder's Walking Stick online. This small tree sports a twisted and gnarled branch structure, providing unique, year round interest to the garden. In late winter these wacky branches are covered with pale yellow catkins. Our Harry Lauder's are grown on their own roots and are not grafted. No need to worry about straight suckers that must be removed. We say "let the suckers grow." They'll be contorted, too! And for the crafty Do-It-Yourselfers' its popular to use the twisted branches in flower arrangements and wreaths.
Common Name: Filbert / Hazel
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(22 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(0 units available now)
(51 units arriving on 7/1/18)
Grown in Root Pouch®.