Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Light Blue
- Light Pink
- Dark Blue
- Dark Pink
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Cut Flowers
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Dried Flowers
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Hydrangea's are easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Hydrangeas produce beautiful pink or blue blooms depending on soil pH. Alkaline soils will produce pink blooms, acidic soils will result in blue blooms. To determine whether your soil is alkaline or acidic, ask your garden center professional or State Extension Agent how to obtain a soil test. If the pH is just right you may have both pink and blue flowers on the plant at the same time.
Change from Pink to Blue: Add aluminum sulfate according to package directions, to lower the soil pH. Your soil will produce blue flowers at a pH level of about 5.2 - 5.5.
Change from Blue to Pink: Add dolomitic lime according to package directions, to raise the soil pH. Your soil will produce pink flowers at a pH level of about 6.0 - 6.2.
FOREVER & EVER® RED SENSATION HYDRANGEA
'Forever Ever Red Sensation'
PP18197 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Forever & Ever® Red Hydrangea online. New for 2006! A stunning red hydrangea that will bloom reliably in the north. This plant has brilliant red blooms and burgundy-red stems. Its mop-head flowers begin blooming red and then fade to shades of purple. If you live in a hot climate, it is not likely you will see a "true dark red" hydrangea. The heat does not allow the red to be red they will be pink to dark pink. This variety is red in color, but will not retain this color if soil conditions are not right.
Common Name: Hydrangea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(6 units available now - S)
Add to Cart