- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Summer Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Chilopsis is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. to give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
An interesting flowering small tree. Can also be grown in a large pot as a patio tree.
LUCRETIA HAMILTON DESERT WILLOW
Buy Lucretia Hamilton Desert Willow online. Lucretia Hamilton Desert Willow is a perfect Chilopsis for attracting wildlife to your yard or garden. It is one of the smallest growing Chilopsis available, and it is a more compact growing variety than Burgundy Desert Willow. It showcases a stunning visual display of burgundy colored flowers during the summer months.
Common Name: Desert Willow
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(6 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.